With some quotes saying that Arsenal will have to pay 130 million for Mbappe, is he really worth it?
With Sanchez possibly going out the door, the answer is yes! Here's Why:
- Sanchez will likely command a sale fee of 50 million, a significant profit.
- This fee will reduce Mbappe's purchase price to around 80 million, which will be further offset by other departures.
- Sanchez is at his peak, this will be the best time to sell to gain the most favourable deal.
- Sanchez has about 4 years at his peak, Mbappe has 14 years.
- The massive escalation in transfer fees mean that 130 million will likely be surpassed by his resale value in a few years.
But can Mbappe really fill Alexis' boots? There is no doubt that Sanchez is at his peak: 72 goals in 145 games for Arsenal clearly surpasses his 47 in 141 for Barcelona, and his 21 in 112 for Udinese.
Mbappe showed massive improvement in his second season to score 26 goals in 44 games for Monaco. This is almost exactly the same ratio as Sanchez' 30 goals in 51 games for Arsenal last season.
Clearly, one player will not necessarily win Arsenal the title, as shown by the failure to win with Alexis here. However, the price should not be prohibitive(as shown above), and, his pacy ability to put the ball in the back of the net should match(and probably surpass) that of Alexis Sanchez!